Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Dripping Springs School Presentation

Today, fellow NAWAC member Tony Schmidt and I had the privilege of giving a presentation on wood apes to a class of very enthusiastic Gifted and Talented 4th graders at Walnut Springs Elementary in Dripping Springs, Texas. The class is taught by Mrs. Kristi Fout, for whom the group has done presentations in the past (though at a different school district).


These kids were on the ball. They were extremely polite and well-mannered and asked a lot of really good questions. Tony spent about 40 minutes alone answering questions with the kids as I was completely snarled in some of the worst traffic I've ever seen (I budgeted two hours and 45 minutes for a 90 mile drive and was still late). He did a terrific job and the kids were primed for the presentation once I finally made it there. I presented a power point slide show (sort of a wood ape 101), shared some Texas folklore tales, gave the kids a photo op with the large wooden cut out shown in the photo, handed out bookmarks and donated a copy of my bigfoot-themed children's book, Patty: A Sasquatch Story to the Mrs. Fout. Tony and I really enjoyed it and, I think it is safe to say, the kids did too.


All in all, a very good day for the Texas Cryptid Hunter and the NAWAC in Dripping Springs.

If you are interested in having me, or a member of the NAWAC, come out and give a talk on wood apes or another cryptozoological-related subject, please contact me at Texascryptidhunter@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment